- Alexander Hawke – Two-fisted wilderness man, with manners and attitude to match.
- Ana Craev – Intrepid reporter, with a vow to uncover the truth, but is she too afraid to face it.
- Goldie 5000 – A curiosity even among Section X – a sentient android whose social circuits were reprogrammed by the Brotherhood of Luxor, but has now broken free.
- Professor Brown – A genius who has had a long career in many fields, but only recently gained notoriety with the invention of his Mind Reading device; perhaps the Brotherhood of Luxor tried to buy it off him.
- Sir Malcolm Ravenscroft – Her Majesties finest cavalry officer, a young nobleman mostly famous for thinking he is the best, and not being shy telling others about it; served a tour on Mars, where he probably encountered the Brotherhood of Luxor.